Silos & Bins
Struct-Mast Engineers have mastered construction of R. C. C. silos vertical slip forming, continuous poured, continuously formed, or slip-form construction is a construction method in which concrete is poured into a continuously moving form. Slip-forming enables continuous, non-interrupted, cast-in-place with no joints at cross section of the concrete structure.
Our expertise the Clients realizes in:
- Careful planning of construction process to achieve high production rates
- Slip form does not require the crane to move upwards, minimizing crane use.
- Since the form-work operates independently, formation of the core in advance of the rest of the structure takes it off the critical path – enhancing main structure stability.
- Availability of the different working platforms in the form-work system allows the exposed concrete at the bottom of the rising form-work to be finished, making it an integral part of the construction process.
- Certain form-work systems permit construction of tapered cores and towers.
- Slip form systems require a small but highly skilled workforce on site.
We vouch for Safe measures:
- Working platforms, guard rails, ladders and wind shields are normally built into the completed system.
- Less congested construction site due to minimal scaffolding and temporary works.
- Completed form-work assembly is robust.
- Strength of concrete in the wall below is closely controlled to achieve stability during operation.
- Site operatives are informed as well as trained to make them familiar with health and safety aspects of their job
- High levels of planning and control mean that health and safety are normally addressed from the beginning of the work.
What is our Client’s gain?
- SLIPFORM saves investment
- SLIPFORM saves time
- SLIPFORM saves labour
- SLIPFORM is safe to operate and use